2009-11-01

NaNoWriMo!



That's me, for the next 30 days.

I've participated in previous years, "winning" (writing the required 50K words in 30 days) in 2004 & 2005, but had work & personal issues get in my way the past 3 years. Now that I'm retired, I'm back in the game.

If you've never done this, I recommend it, lots of fun. I know all my connections here would have NO trouble meeting & exceeding the word count. See http://www.nanowrimo.org/ for more information.

The principle is to switch off your internal editor & get on a roll. I find it helps me to have some idea of what I want to write ahead of time, even an outline of sorts, but to meet the rules you mustn't actually start writing until November 1st, and must meet the 50K word target by November 30th. Wish me luck!

By the way, since I last posted, we went to Jamaica for a week. When I take a break from Nano'ing I'll post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment