2009-01-20

and so, it begins

Along with a great many others, I listened to Obama's inaugural speech today. He's definitely got a way with words.

Am I cynical for doubting that the euphoria will last very long? Am I naive for hoping that it will last long enough to restore stolen rights to citizens of the USA? Can Obama really succeed in overthrowing the corporate-military machine? Does he really want to?

And what about the gang of thugs in the outgoing regime? Is there anyone in the world who will prosecute Dubya, Cheney, Rummy & the rest for war crimes? If not, what good can international institutions ever do?

These are only a few of the questions that rose in my mind while I listened to the latest chapter in the ongoing Obama saga. Or perhaps that should be the expanding myth...

We'll have to stay tuned to see what transpires.

No comments:

Post a Comment